CATEGORY 1: HIGHLY PROTECTED & EXTRA ATTENTION
Leather types: Snake skins, Glossy Crocodile skin, Vegetable tanned Leather, Lambskin.
- Protect your leather item from exposure to direct sunlight and other sources of heat, as they can dry out and crack the leather, causing its color to fade irreversibly.
- Keep your leather item away from water and spills, as these leathers absorb liquid quickly and can be easily damaged. In case of contact with water, let it dry naturally and avoid using any heat sources that may cause further damage.
- Store your leather item in a cool and dry place with stable temperature and low humidity, to prevent any potential damage caused by excessive moisture.
Category 2 : Natural FurNatural fur may experience hair fall, so extra care is required.
Springbok, rabbit fur, kidassia-goat hair, and feather fall into this category.
- Do not store your fur bag in a garment bag, as natural fur needs air circulation to prevent drying out.
- If your fur bag gets wet, shake out the water and let it dry in a well-ventilated room.
- Avoid contact with smoke, perfume, insect sprays, hairspray, and mothproofing products, as they may become permanently embedded in the fur.
Category 3: Delicate and Scratch Easily
Leathers in this category are delicate and prone to scratches.
Lambskin, box-calf, smooth goatskin, and smooth calfskin fall into this category.
- When storing a lambskin leather bag, ensure the straps are tucked inside to prevent hardware from scratching the exterior.
- Stuff the lambskin bag to maintain its shape and store it in its original dust bag.
- Ensure that the bag does not come into contact with sharp objects, such as keys or jewelry.
Category 4 : Durable
This category includes the most durable leather types. These leathers do not absorb water quickly, and their natural texture keeps them looking brand new. Therefore, they require cleaning and maintenance.
Vegetable-tanned goatskin, drum-dyed calfskin, and PVC fall into this category.
- Store the bag in a garment bag with a silica gel bag to maintain air circulation and avoid humidity.
- If the bag gets wet, shake out the water and allow it to dry in a well-ventilated room.
- Stuff the bag to maintain its shape.
Metal Parts Care
Solid brass hardware offers durability in use and is beautiful. However, exposure to humidity may cause surface tarnishing. Cleaning the solid brass hardware after each use with a soft fabric from NASHA will keep it shinier for longer.